Tuesday 21 April 2009

Artistic Licence

On the theme of letters to the editor, here is one I wrote to The Telegraph a couple of years back when I was a student (it is the ninth letter on the page when you scroll down and is headed 'Artistic Licence'):

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/letters/3614241/The-Daily-Telegraph-letters.html

I wrote it at the desk of my overpriced digs in Jericho. It was past 10pm. My boyfriend at the time was driving all the way from Somerset to Oxford on the spur of the moment. I decided to write this letter to kill time waiting for him. By the time he arrived, I was engrossed. I remember greatly appreciating his patience after he had waited for me to finish it.

I was surprised but pleased it was published a few days later when I had almost forgotten about it!

No comments: