Wednesday 7 January 2009

Anti-Semitism

People who think that what is happening in Gaza is not relevant to us here in the UK are wrong.

Yesterday Hamas and Al-Qaeda called for Jews all over the world to be killed. The London free papers last night carried reports of anti-semitic attacks rising sharply since the start of the war. The London Lite reported yesterday that there has been an attack on a synagogue in north west London, an assault on a Jewish motorist and a gang of youths shouting anti-semitic slogans at Jews in Golders Green. There was also an arson attack on the Jewish synagogue in Brondesbury on Sunday night according to The London Lite report. My Jewish friends are anxious.

"There is nothing we can do," someone told me on Monday night when I said I hoped that the Israeli air strikes on Gaza would stop and the seven year rocket fire onslaught from Hamas would end. "Yes there is," was my response. "We can apply international pressure."

No comments: